Today is Monday, Feb. 14, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Council Media Briefing: Council President Gabe Albornoz and Vice President Evan Glass will hold a media briefing today at 11:45 a.m. to provide a public health update and to discuss various matters before the Council. The briefing will be streamed on the Council’s Facebook page here.
2. Municipal Monday: The Gaithersburg Mayor and Council have a virtual work session to discuss electric vehicle charging stations scheduled tonight at 7:30 p.m. The agenda and information packet are posted. The Mayor and Council of the Town of Kensington meet virtually tonight at 7 p.m. Instructions for participating and the agenda may be found here.
3. N95 Masks and Rapid Covid-19 Test Kits: The county continues to distribute free N95 face masks along with rapid COVID-19 tests at the library branches today. Residents are limited to four masks and two rapid tests per adult. Locations and hours may be found here.
4. Rockville’s Underground Railroad Exhibit: Explore the Peerless Rockville Exhibit in the Red Brick Courthouse by appointment Monday through Friday from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Email Peerless Rockville to schedule an appointment. Peerless Rockville’s brochure ‘The Underground Railroad: Rockville People and Places” may be found online.
5. Cycling Enthusiast: North Bethesda’s Leszek Sibilski started a grassroots campaign to establish a World Bicycle Day. In 2018 a resolution establishing June 3 as World Bicycle Day was passed by the United Nations. MyMCM spoke with Sibilski recently:
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.