It’s Wednesday, Feb. 22, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Silver Spring Fire: Help residents affected by a fatal fire Saturday at the Arrive high-rise apartment complex in downtown Silver Spring.
Nonprofit Establishes Fund for Displaced Silver Spring Residents
2. Narcan Training: Residents can fill out a survey to register for an upcoming Narcan training session with Montgomery County’s Department of Health and Human Services.
Fentanyl is scary, but we are not powerless to stop it from harming our children. Take a Narcan training. It could help save a life. https://t.co/VZ7VvOwSfw pic.twitter.com/xMcNMwDOds
— Montgomery County DHHS (@MoCoDHHS) February 21, 2023
3. Food Resources: See food giveaway events today in Montgomery County.
4. Libraries: Check out programs offered today with Montgomery County Public Libraries.
5. ICYMI: Google awarded $500,000 to the Universities at Shady Grove to develop educational pathway analytics to create new pathways leading to college degree completion and career success.
Google Boosts Universities at Shady Grove’s New Pathways to Success Program
And One More Thing: Residents are encouraged to stay current on changing weather conditions by signing up for ‘Alert Montgomery.’
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.