Today is Friday, Jan. 29 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. School’s Out: Today is the end of the marking period for public schools and a professional day for teachers. There is no school for students.
2. Food Resources: There are two food distribution events today, two Saturday, and four Sunday for those in need of support. Information may be found on Montgomery County’s food resources web page or by calling 311 and asking for the Food Access Call Center.
3. COVID-19 Testing: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at eight testing sites today. The schedule of clinics may be found here.
4. (ICYMI) Toll Lanes Planned for Beltway and I-270: The State Highway Administration recommended adding toll lanes across the American Legion Bridge north along I-495 to I-270 and I-370.
5. Snow Expected Sunday: The forecast from the National Weather Service and The Washington Post both predict snow Sunday and Monday.
Chances for snow on Sunday and even continuing Monday and Tuesday in some places, continue to creep up. The devil is in the details. Do we get 2-4 or 6-12 inches? That's still coming into focus. Areas north of DC may have higher chances of big totals. https://t.co/TUrjViNmk0
— Capital Weather Gang (@capitalweather) January 28, 2021
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.