Rain showers are expected early, check out the weather forecast. Here’s your Friday the 13th edition of five things to know in Montgomery County:
1. Future of Self-Driving Vehicles: Today is the last day to take the survey on the future of travel in Maryland.
2. Preliminary Hearing: A Rockville teen charged with rape will be back in court today for a preliminary hearing at 8:30 a.m.
3. Book Festival Poetry Contest: Today is the last day to cast your fan favorite vote in the Gaithersburg Book Festival poetry contest. More than 185 high school students from the region submitted their original work. Visit the Gaithersburg Book Festival poetry contest finalists web page to cast your vote. The top 3 winners will be announced at the Book Festival on May 21st.
4. Germantown Outdoor Happy Hour: Join Montgomery Parks at the Germantown Town Center Urban Park from 5 to 7:30 p.m. for this family-friendly event. Craft beer and pizza will be available for purchase, and Capital Effect will be performing live music.
5. Off the Beaten Path: Join the Ralph Burgess of the Germantown Historical Society tonight at 7 p.m. to learn about 10 of the lesser-known historical sites in the County. Registration is required for this virtual presentation.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.