It’s Monday, Nov. 29 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Thrive Montgomery 2050: The Montgomery County Council is hosting a virtual community listening session about Thrive Montgomery, an amendment to the 1964 General Plan. The session will take place Tuesday, Nov. 30 at 7 p.m.
2. Winter Lights Festival: Tickets are on sale Monday through Thursday for $15 and Friday through Sunday for $25. The festival is open now through Dec. 31.
3. ‘Take and Make a Chanukah Menorah’: Chanukah Menorah craft kits can be picked up now through December 6, 2021, from Wheaton Library. Registration online is required.
Still space left to pick up a take & make a #Chanukah #Menorah craft at Wheaton Library! We supply the craft & you provide the tape/glue, scissors, crayons/markers, and fun! https://t.co/a2SSPWFttR pic.twitter.com/0UJCu93TFq
— mcpl_Libraries (@MCPL_Libraries) November 22, 2021
4. Montgomery County Council: A remote meeting on state legislation will be held today from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
5. Giving Tuesday: Like any other non-profit, MyMCMedia relies on charitable giving to sustain themselves. Please donate and help spread the word about MyMCMedia. To donate click here and follow myMCM on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.