It’s Tuesday, Nov. 8, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1.Elections 2022: Is Election Day! If you plan to vote, keep in mind the following:
- Voting by Mail: You must complete your ballot and take it in person to your local board of elections, or drop it at any of the drop-boxes in your county of residence, before voting ends at 8 p.m.
- Voting in Person: If you’ve decided to vote in person on Election Day, please make sure to check your assigned voting center and go vote anytime between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Remember that you must bring a valid form of identification.
- You haven’t registered to vote? You can do it today: Just go to your assigned voting center with a valid identification document that proves your address (driver’s license, ID card, etc.) to register before voting.
To identify the nearest ballot drop box and post office locator, text BOX plus zip code (example: BOX 20879) to 77788 or visit 777vote.org.
More information here.
2. MCPS: No school today.
3.Party with a Purpose: Montgomery Community Media (MCM) invites you to“A Party with a Purpose”, fundraiser and cocktail reception on Wednesday, November 30, 2022 from 6pm-9pm at the Silver Spring Civic Center.
For more information and get your tickets click here.
4. Food Distribution:Food distribution only by walk-ins, enabled parking. Bring ID and your own bags (non-perishable food and vegetables) at 10700 Georgia Ave. Silver Spring from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
5. Lunar Eclipse: The total lunar eclipse – when the moon will appear its most red – begins at 5:17 a.m. ET and will last until 6:42 a.m.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.