Today is Monday, Oct. 18, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Council Media Briefing: Council President Tom Hucker and Vice President Gabe Albornoz will hold a media briefing today at 11:30 a.m. to discuss new legislation being proposed to create a property tax credit for first responders. Public Health Emergency Preparedness Manager Sean O’Donnell will provide a COVID-19 update. The briefing will be streamed on the Council’s Facebook here.
2. Minority Business Webinar: Council President Tom Hucker hosts this virtual session today from 5:30-6:30 p.m. to help minority business owners navigate grants, loans and other resources to help their businesses grow. Register to join the zoom session here.
3. Municipal Monday: The Mayor and Council of Gaithersburg meet virtually at 7:30 p.m. The agenda may be found here. The Kensington Mayor and Town Council meet virtually at 7 p.m. The agenda and zoom link information may be found here. The Poolesville Town Commissioners are scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. virtually. Rockville’s City meeting with the Mayor and Council starts at 7 p.m. and the agenda may be found here.
4. Board of Elections: The Montgomery County Board of Elections meets today at 2:30 p.m. and will make its selections for alternate early voting centers for the upcoming Gubernatorial election. Meetings are broadcast using Zoom and are open to the public. Call into the meeting using 1(301) 715-8592, conference ID: 879 8121 8659 and passcode: 940627.
5. Budget Forum: At 7 p.m., County Executive Marc Elrich is holding a Fiscal Year 2023 Hybrid Budget Forum at the BlackRock Center for the Arts in Germantown. Residents can attend in-person or watch online. There will be one final forum held Tuesday, Oct. 19 at 7 p.m. at the Mid-County Regional Services Center in Wheaton.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.