Today is Monday, Sept. 12 and here are five things to know happening in Montgomery County. Here’s the 10 day weather forecast as we start the work week.
1. Council President Briefing: Council President Gabe Albornoz will be joined by schools Superintendent Dr. Monifa McKnight for a media briefing today at noon. Dr. McKnight will provide an overview of the first two weeks of school. The briefing will be streamed on the Council’s Facebook page here.
2. Check Before You Go: Adjustments to 24 Ride On bus route schedules were made starting Sunday, Sept. 11.The Glenmont Metro Station canopy rehabilitation project is scheduled to start today. During the project, the bus bays will temporarily be relocated.
The bus bays at the Glenmont Metro Station are temporarily relocated starting this morning.
3. Rep. Raskin Book Talk: The City of Takoma Park hosts a book talk with Congressman Jamie Raskin (D-District 8) this evening at 6 p.m. Raskin will talk about his book, Unthinkable: Trauma, Truth, and the Trials of American Democracy, a New York Times #1 bestseller. The meeting will be held both in person at the Takoma Park Community Center and online via Zoom.
4. Monkeypox Virtual Town Hall: Montgomery County health officials are partnering with the Latino Health Initiative to host a virtual monkeypox town hall meeting this evening from 6 – 7:30 p.m. focusing on the Latino community.
5. Municipal Monday: The Gaithersburg Mayor and Council meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. for a closed executive session. They plan to discuss personnel matters. The Rockville Mayor and Council meet at 7 p.m. for a regular session. The agenda and information may be found online.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.