Today is Monday, Sept. 19 and here are five things to know happening in Montgomery County. Here’s the 10 day weather forecast as we start the work week.
1. Council President Briefing: Council President Albornoz will hold media availability at 1 p.m. to preview Tuesday’s Council meeting focused on WMATA, Vision Zero and Thrive Montgomery 2050.
Council President Gabe Albornoz to Hold Media Availability on Sept. 19 to Preview Tuesday’s Council Meeting Focused on WMATA, Vision Zero and Thrive Montgomery 2050. 📰Learn more: https://t.co/W6k6wsrNeC
➡️Media RSVP: Lucia.Jimenez@montgomerycountymd.gov pic.twitter.com/hGVryr31z9
— Montgomery Council (@MoCoCouncilMD) September 16, 2022
The briefing will be streamed on the Council’s Facebook page here.
2. Council Committee Meetings: Committees will review Montgomery County Public Schools’ Operating Budget and grant funds categorical transfer requests; receive briefings on the County’s sidewalk program and a new predictive safety analysis.
See and agenda and more information here.
3. Transportation: This program provides for the permanent patching and/or resurfacing of residential roadways using durable hot mix asphalt (HMA), or micro seal resurfacing to restore long term structural integrity to the aging residential infrastructure, according to MCDOT.
🚧Montgomery Square Resurfacing Project🚧
This project is scheduled to start the week of Sept. 19, 2022 and will take4️⃣to6️⃣weeks to complete, weather permitting.
Work hours will be between 7am & 5pm, Monday – Friday.
Details👉https://t.co/h7Hqu0qLwh @Rockville411 #MDTraffic pic.twitter.com/EZ6BR2gBUZ
— MCDOT (@MCDOTNow) September 15, 2022
More information here.
4. Thanksgiving Day Parade: Applications to participate in the annual event must be submitted by September 19.
5. Hispanic Heritage Month (ICYMI): MyMCM and Hola Montgomery highlight the contributions and growth of the Hispanic community in Montgomery County.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.