Firefighters Rescue Unconscious Man From Silver Spring House Fire

Firefighters rescued an unconscious man from the second floor of a burning home early Saturday morning. The home is located on the 200 block of Plymouth Street in Silver Spring.

According to Pete Piringer, spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services, firefighters responded to a 9-1-1 call from a passing neighbor around 9:30 a.m. Saturday. Firefighters arrived to find the first floor of the home in flames. The fire was quickly put out. The sole occupant of the home was found unconscious on the second floor. He was transported to a local hospital.

The fire caused about $175,000 in damages to the home, according to Piringer.

The home did not have working smoke alarms. Firefighters returned to the neighborhood Sunday to provide fire prevention information to the community and offer to check smoke detectors.


Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter