Here are five things to know in Montgomery County for Monday, April 27.
1. Dance and Laughter for Total Wellness: Montgomery County Public Libraries offer numerous virtual programs for all ages. Find a list of the programs here. This zoom event at 11 a.m. is led by Kumud Mathur is intended for adults and seniors.
2. Municipal Monday: Gaithersburg’s Mayor and Council meet for a Budget Work Session at 7:30 p.m. Here’s the agenda. Virtual meeting information may be found here. The Rockville Mayor and Council meet at 6 p.m. The agenda may be found here. The meeting may be viewed on county cable channel 11 or live-streamed at www.rockvillemd.go/rockville11.
3. Town Hall with Councilmember Tom Hucker: Join a virtual town hall hosted by Councilmember Tom Hucker tonight at 7 p.m. Tonight’s meeting will focus on issues facing renters. Speakers include Dr. James Bridgers, Delegate Jheanelle Wilkins, Nigam Aseem, Director of DHCA, Matt Losak, Executive Director of Renters Alliance, Ana Martinez, CASA, and Rosie McCray-Moody, Office of Landlord-Tenant Affairs. Register to join by Zoom here or watch the Facebook live stream.
4. Purpose of Face Masks During the COVID-19 Pandemic:
5. ICYMI: Friday morning about 30 Montgomery County police cars drove by Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring to show their gratitude for the healthcare workers
This morning, MCP ofcs led a parade of approx 30 cruisers past @holycrosshealth to show their appreciation & support for frontline healthcare workers who continue to work tirelessly combating the #COVID19 outbreak.
TY to the doctors, nurses, CNAs, and all healthcare workers! pic.twitter.com/6C3ILZSQ7A
— Montgomery County Department of Police (@mcpnews) April 24, 2020
And one more thing: Are you looking for a restaurant that is still open? Check out our restaurant lists here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.