1. Food Distribution: Catholic Charities will host a food distribution today at Lakeforest Mall in Gaithersburg around 11 a.m.
2. MCPS Graduations: Several MCPS students are graduating virtually today. Congratulations to the Class of 2020 at Kennedy, Watkins Mill, Walt Whitman, Richard Montgomery and Gaithersburg High Schools.
3. Business Briefing: Council President Sidney Katz hosts the sixth in a series of business and economic development briefings at 12:30 p.m. This briefing focuses on the arts sector of the county’s economy. Email Councilmember.Katz@montgomerycountymd.gov to register for the zoom meeting and submit questions.
4. Additional Phase 2 Maryland Reopenings: Friday at 5 p.m., restaurants can resume indoor dining at 50% capacity and outdoor amusements and rides may resume with restrictions. This does not apply to Montgomery County, however, CE Marc Elrich expects that will occur the week of June 15.
5. Gaithersburg Book Festival: Sunday, June 14 is the last day of the festival which includes the following virtual events:
- Watch TGIF Live! today at 5:30 p.m. as Meg Waite Clayton, author of “The Last Train to London,” and Alex George, author of “The Paris Hours,” talk with Carrie Callaghan, author of “Salt the Snow.”
- Saturday Night Premiere June 13 at 7 p.m. features EJ Dionne, author of “Code Red: How Progressives and Moderates Can Unite to Save Our Country.”
- Sunday Morning Kids June 7 at 11 a.m. features a conversation with Juana Medina, author of “Juana and Lucas: Big Problemas.”
- Sunday June 14 at 3 p.m. The Gaithersburg Book Festival will close with a presentation from Maria Russo, author of “How to Raise a Reader,” in conversation with Kathie Weinberg.
And one more thing: Are you looking for a restaurant that is still open? Check out our restaurant lists here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.