It’s Wednesday, September 11. Today we remember the victims and fallen heroes who lost their lives in the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and Shanksville, PA. Here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Kensington Annual 9/11 Remembrance: Join the Kensington Volunteer Fire Department for a 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony tonight at 7 p.m. Here’s more information.
Coming Up @MontgomeryCoMD Kensington, MD @mcvfra @KensingtonVFD volunteer firefighters & community members will host annual 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony w/ color Guard, special speeches, reflection, September 11th Memorial IFO @MCFRS FS705. https://t.co/Nfv8kzX24v 7p Wednesday 9/11 pic.twitter.com/PRJc2Tk0nw
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) September 9, 2019
2. Youth & Teen Sport Deadline for Gaithersburg Residents: City of Gaithersburg residents have one more day to register for youth and teen sports for the fall season. Here’s more information.
3. Mindfulness Day at the Medical Museum: At 8 a.m. and 12 p.m., The National Museum of Health and Medicine in Silver Spring will host free 30-minute mindfulness sessions. Here’s more information.
4. School Immunizations: From 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. students can get free immunizations at the School Health Services Center in Rockville.
5. Fun Fact: It’s Palindrome Week!
Happy #PalindromeWeek from MoMath! Since it’s the 19th year of the century and the 9th month of the year, you can read the dates, numerically, the same backwards or forwards starting 9-10-19 through 9-19-19. Try it yourself! pic.twitter.com/Gr5zJVJh6P
— National Museum of Mathematics (@MoMath1) September 10, 2019