Today is Tuesday, Dec. 8, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County:
1. Hogan News Briefing: Gov. Larry Hogan is scheduled to hold a news briefing at 3 p.m. to discuss how Maryland will distribute its first vaccine doses. Hogan’s address will be streamed live on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
📺Tomorrow at 3p: Gov. Hogan and the @MDHealthDept will provide an overview of Maryland's #COVID19 vaccination plan. Hope you'll tune in. https://t.co/pp701NwmkV
— Michael Ricci (@riccimike) December 7, 2020
2. Council in Virtual Session: Montgomery County Council meets virtually at 9:35 a.m. and here’s a look at the agenda for the meeting. The meeting will be televised on County Cable Montgomery Channels Comcast HD 996 and SD6, RCN HD 1056 and SD 6, and Verizon 30. Additionally, it will be live-streamed on the council’s Facebook and Youtube channels.
3. Free Covid Kits in Areas Hit Hard by Virus: Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is delivering free coronavirus kits at Hughes United Methodist Church in Wheaton from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Here’s more information:
Montgomery County Encourages Residents to Prepare Emergency Kits for COVID-19
4. COVID-19 Testing: Free walk-in and drive-through COVID-19 testing are available throughout the county at nine testing sites today. The schedule of clinics may be found here.
5. Visit Socially Distanced Santa: Santa is at Westfield Montgomery Mall, following social distancing protocols, through Dec. 24. Anyone interested in getting a picture can make an appointment online.
North Pole Quarantine: Macy’s Announces Santa Will Not Visit Department Stores
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.