Today is Monday, Jan. 11, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County:
1. COVID-19 Testing: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at six testing sites today. The schedule of clinics may be found here.
2. State COVID-19 Economic Relief Announcement: Gov. Hogan will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. to announce an economic and stimulus relief package.
Today at 11 a.m., I will announce a major economic relief package to provide further support to struggling Marylanders and small businesses.
Watch live here on Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube: https://t.co/OZuBjuG8Mp pic.twitter.com/dzGp2dl7Ih
— Governor Larry Hogan (@GovLarryHogan) January 11, 2021
3. Council Media Briefing: Council President Tom Hucker and Vice-President Gabe Albornoz will hold a media briefing today at 1 p.m. They are expected to discuss COVID-19 vaccination efforts and the project to rename streets and public places.
4. Municipal Monday: Gaithersburg’s Mayor and Council meet virtually for a work session to discuss the stormwater fees at 7:30 p.m. Here are the agenda and the agenda packet. Kensington Mayor and Town Council meet at 7 p.m. via Zoom. The agenda may be found here. Rockville’s Mayor and Council meet virtually at 7 p.m., here’s the agenda. Prior to the meeting from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Mayor Newton and Councilmember Pierzchala will hold a drop-in session open to residents, sign-up here.
5. Public Schools Budget Hearing: MCPS Board of Education holds a virtual public operating budget hearing for Fiscal Year 2022 tonight starting at 6 p.m. Learn more about the Superintendent’s proposed budget and where to submit questions or comments. Watch tonight’s hearing streamed live on YouTube below:
And one more thing: A City of Rockville pilot archery deer-culling program closes Civic Center Park and parts of Croydon Creek Nature Center this week through Jan. 16. Here’s more information:
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.