Today is Tuesday, Jan. 5 and it is National Bird Day. Visitors to the C&O Canal Sunday sighted the colorful painted bunting, a bird common in Florida but not this far North.
In the meantime, here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. COVID-19 Testing: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at eight testing sites today. The schedule of clinics may be found here.
2. Food Distribution Event: The BlackRock Center for the Arts is hosting a drive-thru food distribution event today at the Gaithersburg Church of the Nazarene located at 8921 Warfield Road from 2 to 4 p.m.
3. Hogan News Briefing: Gov. Larry Hogan is scheduled to hold a news briefing at 5 p.m. to provide an update on Maryland’s distribution of COVID-19 vaccine doses. Hogan’s address will be streamed live on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Tune in tomorrow, January 5, at 5 p.m. as I provide an update on #COVID19 vaccine distribution.
Watch live here on Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube: https://t.co/OZuBjuoxnP pic.twitter.com/wmLXJOxEs6
— Governor Larry Hogan (@GovLarryHogan) January 4, 2021
4. Yoga Virtual Class: The public libraries host a community yoga class every Tuesday evening at 4:30 p.m. The one-hour Vinyasa-style class is designed to build flexibility and strength.
5. Maryland Health Insurance: Maryland Health Connection opened a new special enrollment period for uninsured Marylanders Monday.
A new special enrollment period starts today!😊 Find out how to enroll in health coverage now: https://t.co/cKNK5MWymS pic.twitter.com/hVlGD2lM7V
— MD Health Connection (@MarylandConnect) January 4, 2021
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.