1. Election Day: You can vote today between 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 40 voting centers. To check wait times at your closest voting centers, text EV and your zip code to 77788 (or download the mobile app). If you have a completed mail-in ballot there are 42 drop box locations; remember, the deadline to submit your completed ballot to a drop box is at 8 p.m.
2. Get Informed About Candidates: Make sure you go to the polls with a plan. Click here to check out MyMCMedia’s 2020 General Election Guide.
3. Need a Ride to the Polls?: Voters in need of transportation may make use of multiple free or discounted options available today and on election day.
4. County Executive Elrich Joins Twitter: Marc Elrich officially has an official Montgomery County Executive Twitter account. The handle for his new account is @MontCoExec.
Welcome to my new Twitter account. This is the official government account to keep you updated about my administration's work. You'll find my latest statements, photos and videos here. Please follow @MontCoExec and share with your followers. I look forward to hearing from you.
— County Exec Marc Elrich (@MontCoExec) November 1, 2020
5. Watch Out for Misinformation: This Election Day, make sure you’re not falling for misinformation about the election. Check out the Washington Post’s Social Media Election Guide for tips on determining the credibility of a post.
Because of the rise in mail-in ballots, counting ballots will take longer than in previous Election Days. NPR is warning that we may not know the winner on Election Day, but that’s ok. Here’s more on why not knowing the winner on election night doesn’t necessarily mean there’s a problem in voting systems:
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.