Today is Monday, Sept. 28 and people of the Jewish faith are continuing to observe Yom Kippur, which is known as the Day of Atonement. It’s considered the holiest day of the year.
Here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. MCPS Schools Closed: There is no school for students or teachers today.
2. COVID-19 Testing: Montgomery County is holding three free testing clinics today. Testing is available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Wheaton Library and Community Recreation Center and in Germantown at the parking garage behind the Regal Cinemas. And from 1 to 7 p.m., testing is available at the Silver Spring Civic Building. More information is available here.
3. Election Countdown: There are 35 days until the Presidential Election on Nov. 3. The Montgomery County League of Women Voters has a voter hotline open weekdays through Nov. 3. Call the hotline to find answers to questions about the mail-in voting process and other voting options, how to update voter registration, important deadlines, and online sources of information about candidates. Their phone number is 301.984.9585.
4. County Pool Reservations: The recreation department launches a new system for residents to make a reservation for one of the county’s pools.
New Indoor Public Pool Reservation System To Launch Next Week
5. ICYMI: Governor Hogan toured Novavax Thursday. The Gaithersburg biotechnology company is working on a vaccine for COVID-19 and expects to start phase three clinical trials in the next few weeks.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.