1. Weekly COVID-19 Media Briefing: County Executive Marc Elrich and County Health Officer Dr. Travis Gayles will hold their weekly media briefing at 12:30 p.m. You can watch live on MCM channels 21 and 995 (HD) and on Facebook and County Cable Montgomery.
County Executive @Marc_Elrich, @MoCoDHHS' Dr. Travis Gayles and @ReadyMontgomery's Dr. Earl Stoddard will hold a virtual media briefing at 12:30 p.m. tomorrow (Wednesday, Sept. 30) to provide #COVID19 and reopening updates. Watch live @CountyCableMoCo ➡ https://t.co/C81CB7TyVt. pic.twitter.com/ZvNZl1pP6h
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) September 29, 2020
2. Free COVID-19 Testing: Montgomery County’s free coronavirus testing clinic runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Wheaton Library and Community Recreation Center and the CDC Mobile Trailer at Lakeforest Mall.
3. Street Planning Study: At 6:30 p.m. Montgomery County Transportation will have a virtual meeting about the North High Street Extension Facility Planning Study in Olney. The study evaluates different ideas for a road extension of North High Street to Morningwood Drive. Register!
*This Wednesday*@MCDOTNow will hold an online public meeting to discuss the North High Street Extension Facility Planning Study in Olney.
The virtual meeting will be held on Wednesday, Sept 30, at 6:30pm
Registration is required.
— mococommuter (@mococommuter) September 28, 2020
4. Road Work Ahead: The Gaithersburg Public Works Department will do pavement milling on Michele Court, Marquis Drive & Cullinan Drive beginning today. “No Parking” signs with dates and times of restrictions will be posted ahead of construction. The work is expected to be completed in 3-4 days.
The City's Dept. of Public Works will conduct pavement milling operation on MICHELE Ct, Marquis Dr & Cullinan Dr. beginning on Wed. Sept. 30 and continuing for 3-4 days, weather permitting.
Read more about the project here: https://t.co/ejY72kGu8K pic.twitter.com/Q4MYS2u3uy
— City of Gaithersburg (@GburgMD) September 28, 2020
5. Senior Planet Montgomery: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to senior residents. Today’s classes include “Getting Started with Lyft” and “Telemedicine.”
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.