displaced

January 25, 2021 | Maryam Shahzad

Neighbor Rescues Grandparents, Grandchildren from Fire in Rockville

A man rescued his neighbors from a heavy fire around 11:20 p.m. Saturday in Rockville, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue officials said. A couple saw flames coming from their neighbors’ home on Sterling Terrace, said spokesperson Pete Piringer. George Totoreanu ran to help while his fiancée called 911. Inside the home were two grandparents and […]

Read more

June 30, 2020 | Deirdre Byrne

UPDATE: Family Member Faces Arson Charges for White Oak Townhouse Fire

Update (7:45 p.m.): Pete Piringer tweeted Tuesday that an adult male has been arrested in connection to the White Oak townhouse fire. Piringer told MyMCMedia the man was related to the family that lived in the townhouse. The man faces charges for first degree arson, reckless endangerment, first degree malicious burning, and other charges are […]

Read more

June 25, 2020 | Tori Bergel

Loose Batteries Cause Accidental House Fire

Two people have been displaced after loose batteries caused their two-story North Potomac home to accidentally catch fire. Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to the house in the 14600 block of Settlers Landing Way at around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to Pete Piringer, spokesperson for MCFRS, the fire originated in the kitchen, started […]

Read more

January 15, 2020 | Michelle Queen

Kensington Family Displaced After House Fire

A family of four – two adults and two children –  has been displaced from their home in Kensington after a fire on Tuesday, according to Pete Piringer, the spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue. Piringer said on Twitter that the fire originated in the basement and extended into the second floor and attic […]

Read more

December 16, 2019 | Deirdre Byrne

Kitchen Fire at Chevy Chase Apartment Complex Displaces Two Families

A fire at the Riveria House, an 11 story apartment complex on East-West Highway in Chevy Chase, has caused $75,000 worth of damages. As a result of the fire, two families have been displaced from the apartment complex. According to Pete Piringer, spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue, the fire started on the seventh […]

Read more

November 5, 2019 | Deirdre Byrne

Electrical Fire at Silver Spring House Displaces Family

A family has been displaced due to a fire at their two level house in Veirs Mill Village, located in the 2900 block of Minden Road in Silver Spring. Pete Piringer, the spokesperson of Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service, tweeted that around 60 firefighters were dispatched to the scene before 9 a.m. on Tuesday. […]

Read more

August 20, 2019 | Deirdre Byrne

Aspen Hill Family Safe From Fire But Will Be Displaced

A fire at a single-family house, located on the 13700 block of Parkland Drive in Aspen Hill, has displaced a family. According to Pete Piringer, the spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services, the fire occurred at around 4:15 p.m. on Monday and was likely caused from a malfunction in a radio located in […]

Read more

July 16, 2019 | Andrea Sarralde

Rescatistas fuera de servicio le salvan la vida a pareja en Colesville

Dos Oficiales de Montgomery, que se encontraban fuera de servicio, salvan a una pareja de Colesville que estaba atrapada dentro de su casa en las llamas Dos rescatistas, que no estaban en servicio, un oficial de policía y un teniente de bomberos, rescataron a una pareja de su casa en en llamas ubicada en Colesville, […]

Read more

July 16, 2019 | Deirdre Byrne

Off-Duty First Responders Rescue Colesville Couple From Burning Home

Off-Duty Montgomery County Officers Saved Colesville Couple From Fire Two off-duty first responders — a police officer and a fire lieutenant — rescued a couple from a Colesville house fire on Tuesday morning. Sgt. Scott Brooks, a patrol sergeant for the Silver Spring police district, was driving to work on New Hampshire Avenue at around […]

Read more

June 5, 2019 | Deirdre Byrne

Montgomery Village Family Displaced After Townhouse Fire

A family of five — three adults and two children — has been displaced from their home in Montgomery Village after a fire, according to Pete Piringer, the spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue. Piringer said on Twitter that the fire originated on the second floor of the family’s three-level townhouse on Club Lake […]

Read more

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter