It’s Friday, April 22 and here are five things to know today in Montgomery County.
1. Earth Day Activities: Today is Earth Day and the theme this year is “Invest in Our Planet” according to EarthDay.org. There are numerous activities planned throughout the county. You can plant a container garden with a police officer in Wheaton, enjoy an outdoor family storytime at Davis Library in Bethesda, and many events today and throughout the weekend.
2. MoCo Eats Restaurant Week: Local Breweries, wineries, coffee shops, and restaurants are participating in the third annual county-wide restaurant week organized by Visit Montgomery. From today through April 30, support local businesses in the county and win a chance to win a drawing valued at $1,000.
3. Bethesda Outdoor Happy Hour: Join Montgomery Parks at Elm Street Urban Park in Bethesda from 5 to 7:30 p.m. for this family-friendly event. Craft beer and pizza will be available for purchase, and Ted Garber will be performing live music.
4. Montgomery College Career Fair: More than 50 employers are registered for MC’s annual spring job fair. Community members and students’ family members are welcome to attend. The fair takes place at the Rockville campus from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
5. Weekend Happenings: Here’s a quick list of in-person events happening Saturday and Sunday.
- Takoma Park celebrates Arbor Day with a community tree walk, Saturday, April 23 from 10 a.m. to noon. Meet in front of the Public Works Building.
- Josiah Henson Museum and Park in North Bethesda turns one. Montgomery Parks hosts a celebration Saturday, April 23 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Spring into Recycling Party: Mynor & Associates realtor is hosting their annual event in Chevy Chase Saturday, April 23 from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Sandy Spring Museum’s Beer and Berries Festival Saturday, April 23 from 4 to 8:30 p.m.
- Seventh Annual Amputee Awareness 5K. Adventist Healthcare hosts the seventh annual event on Sunday, April 24 at 2 p.m. in Rockville.
- Remembering Dwayne Haskins: The Bullis School in Potomac is holding a vigil Sunday, April 24 at 7 p.m. for the alum who died April 9 after being hit by a truck in South Florida.
- County Recreation Job Fair: The recreation department is recruiting for summer part-time positions and is holding a job fair Sunday, April 24 at the Wheaton Community Recreation Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.