Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Today is Friday, March 17. Here are 5 things to know and the 10 day weather forecast as we head into the weekend.
1. St. Patrick’s Day: There are numerous events to celebrate the holiday in this list. Remember to make a plan for a sober ride home if you are celebrating with alcohol, one option is the free Lyft rides offered through the Washington Regional Alcohol Program’s SoberRide.
2. Shout Out Contest: The county transportation department is holding a contest this month where residents are encouraged to show appreciation for their Ride On bus driver on social media. The first drawing is today.
3. Westfield Montgomery BlossomFest: Celebrating the iconic cherry blossom symbol, the mall in Bethesda will feature a blossom and lantern installation in the Nordstrom corridor in addition to a mural from local artist Nicole Bourgea. Shoppers can relax in the Blossom Lunge where live jazz will be played every Friday from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
4. Saturday at Brookside Gardens: There are two events Saturday, March 18 at Wheaton’s Brookside Gardens. The first is an indoor Yoga class at 9:30 a.m. No walk-ins will be accepted; register here. Also at 3 p.m., learn about the Eastern box turtles. All attendees must register here. Please note, rain cancels this event.
5. Deadline for Nominations: Sunday, March 19 is the last day to nominate a women in the Hello Betty’s Total Betty contest.
Hello Betty’s Restaurant Seeks ‘Fierce, Self-Sufficient Women’
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.