Today is Tuesday, March 23, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Maryland Enters Vaccine Phase 2: Under Phase 2A, all Marylanders ages 60+ are eligible to sign up to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, Hogan announced during a March 18 press conference. Use this online tool to find a vaccination site near you.
2. Council in Virtual Session: Montgomery County Council meets virtually at 9 a.m. The council meeting will feature two proclamations: one recognizing Red Cross Month, the other celebrating National Agriculture Day. Here’s a look at the full agenda for the meeting. The meeting will be televised on County Cable Montgomery Channels Comcast HD 996 and SD6, RCN HD 1056 and SD 6, and Verizon 30. Additionally, it will be live-streamed on the council’s Facebook and Youtube channels.
3. School Board Meets: Montgomery County Board of Education is holding a business meeting which starts at 9 a.m. Included on the agenda is a discussion of the 2021-2022 academic calendar. Here’s a full look at the agenda for the meeting.
4. County COVID-19 Testing Clinics: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at 10 testing sites today.
5. Financial Advice: Montgomery County Commission for Women and Montgomery County Public Libraries are offering free financial health and wellness seminars for women throughout the month of March. Tonight’s seminar, from 7 to 8:30 p.m, focuses on divorce and money.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.