1. Bike to Work Day: The annual Bike to Work Day in the D.C. region takes place today. More than 100 pit stops are set up across the region with 13 in Montgomery County.
2. Flag at Half-Staff: Governor Hogan orders the Maryland Flag lowered Friday to honor former State Senator and former Montgomery County Executive Sidney Kramer, who passed away on Monday, May 16.
3. Gaithersburg Book Festival: The annual book festival takes place Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Bohrer Park. More than 120 authors will be at the festival. There will be author presentations, writing workshops, and of course, book signings.
4. Pride Town Hall: The annual Pride Town Hall hosted by Montgomery County Public Schools will be held Saturday, May 21, from 8:30 a.m. to noon at Walter Johnson High School in Bethesda with keynote speaker Gavin Grimm.
5. KID Museum on the Move: The KID Museum celebrates the grand opening of its second location at the Bethesda Metro Center Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
And Two More Things: The Maggie Nightingale Library in Poolesville reopens Saturday with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 11:30 a.m. and the public is invited. Also happening this weekend, on Sunday the Potomac Library closes at 6 p.m. to undergo renovations.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.