It’s Wednesday, Dec. 4 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Schools Boundary Analysis Public Meeting: MCPS is holding a series of regional meetings for residents to learn more about the boundary analysis process and give feedback on opportunities and challenges. Tonight’s meeting takes place at Gaithersburg High School from 7 to 9 p.m. RSVP: https://mcpsweb.wufoo.com/forms/districtwide-boundary-analysis-public-meetings/
2. Coffee with a Cop: Share a cup of coffee and informal conversation with Germantown police officers from 9 to 10 a.m. at the 7-11 in Germantown, located at 12861 Clopper Road.
3. Bill Signing: County Executive Marc Elrich signed the county’s new Racial Equity and Social Justice Act on Tuesday.
County Executive Signs New Racial Equity and Social Justice Act
4. Vaping Task Force: Comptroller Peter Franchot convened a state “e-facts task force” to determine what regulatory steps the state should take in response to the marked increase of e-cigarette use by teenagers. The first meeting was at the University of Maryland on Tuesday.
5. Meet MCPL Director Anita Vassallo: The latest edition of the Montgomery County Libraries Matters podcast features the Director of MCPL Anita Vassallo.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.