1. COVID-19 Update: The City of Rockville’s Mayor and Council hold a virtual conference call at 9 a.m. today to discuss city operations in response to the pandemic. Here’s the agenda.
2. Business Briefing: Council President Sidney Katz hosts the tenth in a series of business briefings at 12:30 p.m. Maryland Secretary of Commerce Kelly Schulz will discuss Maryland’s Road to Recovery Plan. Submit questions by email to Councilmember.Katz@montgomerycountymd.gov. Also, email the Council President to register.
3. COVID-19 Testing: There will be a free COVID-19 testing clinic available in Wheaton today from 8 a.m to noon. Click here for more details. The clinic is free and you do not need a doctor’s order.
4. Police Advisory Commission: The County Council will interview three individuals interested in serving on the new Policing Advisory Commission at 1:30 p.m. today. Click here for more information. The interviews will be streamed live on YouTube here.
5. Germantown Food Distribution: A free food pickup takes place Saturday, July 18 at Journey’s Crossing Church. Registration is required.
And one more thing: Montgomery Community Media (MCM) will offer two one-week virtual camps for youth ages 12 and up. The Podcasting Camp will be offered the week July 27. The Smartphone Video Production Camp will be offered the week of August 3. Click here for the flyer.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.