Here are five things to know in Montgomery County for Monday, June 15.
1. Tree Removal: Several trees along the Capital Crescent Trail near Bethesda Avenue will be removed from Monday, June 15 through Friday, June 19. The trail will remain open.
2. Council Committee Meetings: Two committees meet virtually today and may be viewed live on YouTube or Facebook. the Government Operations and Fiscal Policy Committee meets at 9:30 a.m. for an update on the implementations of the racial equity and social justice law; the Transportation and Environment Committee meets at 2:30 p.m.
3. Aspen Hill’s Holdridge Road Transformation: As part of the Transportation Department’s “Shared Streets” pilot program, Holdridge Road from Olympic Street to Urbana Drive will be closed to vehicular traffic and repurposed to create a neighborhood greenway. Emergency vehicles may still pass through the street.
4. Municipal Monday: Gaithersburg’s Mayor and Council meet at 7:30 p.m. Here’s the agenda and virtual meeting information may be found here. Poolesville’s Town Commissioners meet at 7 p.m. Here’s the agenda.
5. Outdoor Dining at Lakeforest Mall: Lakeforest Mall reopens Monday for takeout and outdoor dining.
And one more thing: Are you looking for a restaurant that is still open? Check out our restaurant lists here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.