It is Friday, May 1, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Business Briefing: Council President Sidney Katz hosts a discussion about the County’s response to COVID-19 and the impact on businesses at 12:30 p.m. Email Councilmember.Katz@montgomerycountymd.gov to register and submit questions.
2. Funding for Small Businesses: The Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation is offering grants to County Manufacturers that switch to personal protective equipment production. The deadline to apply is today.
3. Bus Stops Return to Silver Spring Transit Center: Bus stops in Downtown Silver Spring that relocated due to Purple Line and Capital Crescent Trail construction return to inside the Silver Spring Transit Center starting Saturday, May 2.
4. Roads Open for Pedestrians and Cyclists: Portions of Sligo Creek Parkway, Beach Drive and Little Falls Parkway close to vehicles today through Sunday.
5. Four Days Until MCM’s Giving Tuesday: Montgomery Community Media, like other nonprofits, is facing economic uncertainty due to COVID-19. We are asking those who are able to make a donation to support local news and community.
And one more thing: Are you looking for a restaurant that is still open? Check out our restaurant lists here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.