1. County Executive Elrich Announces Plans to Reopen: County Executive Marc Elrich announced the first phase of Montgomery County’s COVID-19 reopening plan will start Monday, June 1 at 6 a.m.
2. Car Free Streets: Montgomery Parks will once again close sections of four parkways to vehicular traffic from Friday at 9 a.m. through Sunday at 6 p.m. to allow for biking, walking, and running. The county will also close a section of Arlington Road in Bethesda to vehicular traffic.
3. COVID-19 Testing: A new testing site is open today at Six Flags America in Upper Marlboro from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. No appointment or doctor’s order is required.
No appointment or doctor’s order will be required. pic.twitter.com/pkAlFnBNFP
— Governor Larry Hogan (@GovLarryHogan) May 28, 2020
4. “Grab-and-Go” Food Distribution: The Redeemers Community Development Corporation, Montgomery County’s Silver Spring Urban District, and Manna Food Center will be doing a “Grab-and-Go” grocery food distribution this Saturday, May 30 at 11 a.m. at the premises of Jesus House. The address is 921 Philadelphia Ave in downtown Silver Spring near the Montgomery College campus.
5. Gaithersburg Book Festival: Three events take place this weekend. Check out events for the next three weekends here.
- Watch TGIF Live! today at 5:30 p.m. as the author of “Supreme Ambition: Brett Kavanaugh and the Conservative Takeover,” is in conversation with Tom Rosenstiel, author of “OPPO, A Novel.”
- Saturday Night Premiere May 30 at 7 p.m. features Sarah Pekkanen, author of “You Are Not Alone,” and Kate White, author of “Have You Seen Me?: A Novel of Suspense,” in conversation with Karin Tanabe.
- Sunday Morning Kids May 31 at 11 a.m. features a live conversation with Tom Angleberger, author of “Didi Dodo Future Spy: Double-O Dodo #3.”
And one more thing: Are you looking for a restaurant that is still open? Check out our restaurant lists here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.