Today is Wednesday, March 24, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Weekly County COVID-19 Briefing: County Executive Marc Elrich, County Health Officer Dr. Travis Gayles and Emergency Management Director Dr. Earl Stoddard will hold their weekly media briefing at 12:30 p.m. You can watch live on MCM channels 21 and 995 (HD), County Cable Montgomery and on the county’s Facebook and YouTube channels.
2. Preregistration for 60+: Residents ages 60+ can now preregister for a COVID-19 vaccine on the county’s website.
💉 If you are 60 and up, you may now preregister for a #COVID19 vaccine on the County's website: https://t.co/YYVHdfvNZm. Read today's COVID-19 Vaccine Update for more news and information: https://t.co/zEOqo0mblN.#GoVaxMontgomery pic.twitter.com/tYGQ5Uw3ob
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) March 23, 2021
3. County COVID-19 Testing Clinics: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at nine testing sites today.
4. Senior Planet Montgomery: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to senior residents. Today’s classes include “Ride Sharing Apps” and “Communicating and Coping with Masks and Hearing Loss.”
5. National Cocktail Day: County Alcohol Beverage Services (ABS) says it has you covered for National Cocktail Day!
Stop into your ABS store and pick up everything you'll need to celebrate National Cocktail Day tomorrow, 3/23. We have some great March sales going on now.
— Alcohol Beverage Services (@ABSMoCo) March 23, 2021
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.