Today is Friday, March 26, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County:
1. County COVID-19 Testing Clinics: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at seven testing sites today, and 10 sites this weekend. Health officials continue to stress the importance of testing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
2. Council in Virtual Session: The County Council meets at 1:30 p.m. to consider allowing a maximum of 50 spectators at sporting events. Following the introduction of the changes, the Council will hold a public hearing and then vote on the amendments to a Board of Health regulation. Watch the session streamed live on YouTube.
3. AMC Movie Theaters Re-Open: For the first time in more than a year, the AMC theaters in Gaithersburg and Wheaton will re-open for business. Starting today movie theaters in the county are allowed to operate at 25% capacity.
4. Football is Back: Montgomery County Public Schools will once again play high school football games starting today with a shortened three-game season. There are 11 games scheduled for tonight. Unfortunately, the Gaithersburg at Montgomery Blair game was cancelled earlier this week when a player tested positive for COVID-19.
5. ICYMI: Thursday was Maryland Day. Learn some historical facts about the state in our story.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.