It’s Thursday, May 19 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Montgomery County Council: Committee meetings today.
The Council is expected to reach preliminary agreement on Montgomery County’s Fiscal Year 2023 operating budget and FY23-28 Capital Improvements Program on Thursday, May 19.
📰Read more: https://t.co/RYrM6Gm62p pic.twitter.com/zoDRTmPPX7
— Montgomery Council (@MoCoCouncilMD) May 18, 2022
Click here to see the full agenda.
All Committee meetings are televised live on County Cable Montgomery, streaming live at http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/council/ondemand/index.html Videos are archived and available on-demand 24 hours after the meeting concludes.
2. Public Hearing: The meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. at the commission’s headquarters at 2425 Reedie Dr. in Wheaton. Concerns the draft plan for the 538-acre Wheaton Regional Park will be under discussion.
3. Youth Mental Health and Substance Abuse: Virtual forum today from 6-8 p.m.
4. Hearing on County’s Demolition Plans: The public hearing for the triangular 26 acre property begins at 7 p.m.
Here is the agenda and ways to take part.
5. Montgomery Parks: Montgomery Parks is hosting Parks Playhouse with a series of free, live performances to celebrate the artistry of great local artists, troupes, and groups.
We’re elevating Black voices with An Evening of Spoken Word!
The FREE program is Thursday, May 19, 7 pm, at Josiah Henson Museum and Park in North Bethesda. Featuring @drose225, @Wordsmith, and Unique Robinson: https://t.co/Esdb85y6TQ.#ParksPlayhouse #MoCoParks pic.twitter.com/Yt1YTOhPBI
— Montgomery Parks (@MontgomeryParks) May 17, 2022
More information here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.