Today is Monday, Nov. 10 and it is the Marine Corps birthday. The military branch turns 245 years-old.
Here are five things to know in Montgomery County:
1. Council in Virtual Session: Montgomery County Council meets virtually at 9 a.m. Here’s a look at the agenda for the meeting. The council will vote on reinstating coronavirus restrictions that would reduce the gathering size limit from 50 to 25 people. The meeting will also be televised on County Cable Montgomery Channels Comcast HD 996 and SD6, RCN HD 1056 and SD 6, and Verizon 30. Additionally, it will be live-streamed on the council’s Facebook and Youtube channels.
2. School Board Meets Virtually: Montgomery County Public Schools’ Board of Education meets virtually at 9 a.m. Agenda items include continuing the discussion on MCPS’ proposal for returning to in person instruction, discussing the renaming of Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School, and more.
MCPS released a proposed framework for a return to in-person instruction at @mocoboe's Nov. 6 work session. The Board will continue to discuss the framework at its Nov. 10 business meeting. See the meeting agenda: https://t.co/cB644l0vzV
Watch at https://t.co/3UJVLWkg2H pic.twitter.com/o0GWLvkE69
— MCPS (@MCPS) November 9, 2020
3. Gov. Hogan to Give Covid-19 Update: Gov. Larry Hogan will address Marylanders live at 5 p.m. on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Hogan tweeted he will provide an update on how the state plans to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
Tomorrow at 5 p.m., I’ll provide an update to Marylanders on our efforts to slow the spread of #COVID19.
— Governor Larry Hogan (@GovLarryHogan) November 9, 2020
4. COVID-19 Testing: Montgomery County is holding eight free testing clinics today. The schedule of clinics may be found here.
5. COVID-19 Listening Tours for Women: The Montgomery County Commission for Women, in partnership with the County Executive and members of the County Council, are hosting a series of virtual listing sessions starting tonight at 7 p.m. The purpose of each session is to provide women in the community to share how they have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Tonight’s listening session focuses on the East County area; County Executive Marc Elrich and Councilmember Will Jawando will join the meeting.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.