We have officially entered the month of September. Here are five things for you to know on this Tuesday:
1. Montgomery Parks Expands Athletic Fields, Picnic Permits: Fields at regional and recreational parks are officially for low and medium risk sports. Also, Montgomery Parks is offering permits for picnic shelters. Click here for more information.
2. Free Coronavirus Testing: Montgomery County’s free coronavirus testing clinic runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at White Oak Community Recreation Center in Silver Spring.
3. Commission for Women Logo Contest: Submissions for Montgomery County Commission for Women’s logo contest are due today. Here’s more information:
4. Back to School: Montgomery County Public Schools has officially made it past the first day of the 2020-2021 academic year. Click here to check out MCM’s back to school coverage.
5. MCM Classes: Are you ready to produce great content with MCM? Then sign up for one of our upcoming virtual classes. On Sept. 10, we have an orientation where you can learn about what MCM’s Education Department has to offer. On Sept. 14, you can begin our 2-session long “Step into Virtual Podcasting” class. We would love to have you be apart of our MCM family.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.