Today is Tuesday, Oct. 19, and it is Milad an-Nabi, the Muslim holiday celebrating the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad. Here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Council in Session: Montgomery County Council meets virtually at 9 a.m. Here is a look at the full agenda, which includes proclamations recognizing Breast Cancer Awareness Month and White Cane Awareness Day. The meeting will be televised on County Cable Montgomery Channels Comcast HD 996 and SD6, RCN HD 1056 and SD 6, and Verizon 30. Additionally, it will be live-streamed on the council’s Facebook and Youtube channels.
2. Small Business Network: Montgomery Community Media hosts our October Small Business Network this morning at 9 a.m., focusing on the topic “Navigating Challenging Negotiations.” Kelly Leonard talks to Susan Borke about her experiences at CBS and National Geographic as well as Dee Bowden, who founded BCS Solutions. Watch the show using this YouTube link:
3. Budget Forum: County Executive Marc Elrich holds a forum seeking input on the 2023 Operating Budget from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Residents can either attend the forum in person at the BlackRock Center for the Arts in Germantown or they can watch virtually.
4. Bulb Exchange Program: Bring old incandescent and used CFL light bulbs to Long Branch Library in Silver Spring from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. and you’ll receive new energy efficient bulbs.
5. Interfaith Works Accepting Donations: The nonprofit Interfaith Works was faced with a good problem last month—they were receiving too many donations—so many, that they had to temporarily halt accepting donations. Today is the day that donations resume at the Interfaith Works Clothing Center on Twinbrook Parkway in Rockville.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.